3/16/11

Chocolate Whipped Cream Cake

This is one yummy cake. 
So I created this cake by taking a Duncan Heinz white cake mix and followed the directions on the box but added white chocolate instant pudding mix and 3 whole eggs instead of egg white. I took out half the batter and poured into my 9" round pans. Then added unsweetened Natural Cocoa chocolate powder from Penzey's and mixed with the remaining batter. I then spooned chocolate cake mix on top of white batter and swirled in. I baked at 325 for 28 minutes. I melted semi-sweet chocolate chips with a pat of butter and spread on the 1st layer. I then whipped 2 cups of cream, added 1/3 cup unsweetened chocolate powder from Penzey's, powdered sugar to taste, vanilla.  Then took about 1 teaspoon melted knox gelatin with 1 T hot water. The gelatin helps the frosting stay in place but spread fast.  Spread generously on cake. Voila-very moist beautiful marbled cake. Sorry it's not an exact recipe, I kind of cook off the cuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment