4/18/11

Coconut Brownies

So a coworker gave me a wonderful recipe for Best Ever Brownies. I went to the cupboard to pull out the crisco for the recipe and there was none.  So I improvised with Coconut Oil.  The only mistake I made was I did not cook them long enough but the batter was so damn good.  Chocolate and Coconut Oil are a match made in heaven...  I served with vanilla ice cream, fresh strawberries and whipping cream.

1/2 C Butter
1/2 C Shortening (melted coconut oil cooled to room temp)
2 C Sugar ( I added 1 C Organic Cane Sugar)
4 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 C Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 C Unsweetened Cocoa ( I used Natural-Wish I had used Dutch)
Chocolate chips and nuts optional
Beat 1st 5 ingredients until well blended.  Add dry ingredients until just mixed.  At this point add your chips and nuts.  Bake @ 350 in 8"x8" pan for 30 minutes, mine needed another 5 minutes I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment